Go to Top

Ten Misconceptions About Divorce or Separation

    Court proceedings can be issued for Judicial Separation as soon as the parties separate.   Incorrect.  Court proceedings cannot be issued until at least 12 months has expired after the parties separate.   Divorce Proceedings can be issued as soon as the parties separate or agree to a Divorce.   Incorrect.  Divorce proceedings can only be issued after the expiration of four years from the date of separation. …Read More